Genuinely Value Their Work
The Harvard Business Review conducted research back in 2011 that examined the population and their sense of value in the workplace. The study showed that, overall, dissatisfaction in the workplace came from a perception of indifference from their employers. Furthermore, the study showed that accomplishment in the progress of meaningful work was the leading motivator for most workers.
As an employer, it is your job to ensure that your workers feel valued and their contribution is important. Here are some ways you can show this appreciation:
- Say Thank You! (As simple as this is, it goes a long way)
- Acknowledge them and credit them when good work was presented.
- Implement a public praise area that allows everyone to see the praise.
- Write them a note or email when they have pleased you.
- Ask for comments and ideas that can improve the work environment or the business.
These best part of these simple methods make your employees feel valued is that they cost nothing! However, if you wanted to give them something extra, take a look at some small gifts HERE.