The Gift Designers Shipping & Delivery Rates
|Calgary Standard In City Shipping
Estimated 1-3 days turnaround time.
|$14||Balzac, De Winton, Heritage Pointe, Chestermere, Springbank & Bearspaw||$20|
|RUSH Delivery: See below for more info||Currently Not Available||Airdrie, Cochrane, Okotoks & Langdon||$25|
|Box & Ship: Available for a specific selection of gifts for delivery in Canada||TBD according to Address|
Delivery Liquor License:
If your gift includes alcohol, please note that we are delivering liquor under the authority of AGLC Delivery License #763152-1
Delivery for Multiple Gifts to Different Locations
If you are hoping to place an order for multiple gifts being delivered to different locations, there are 3 options with how to proceed:
1. Place each order separately through our online checkout
2. Fill out our Large Order Form (https://thegiftdesigners.com/larger-order-form/)
3. Call or email us with your order: 403-201-5021 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush Delivery: WE HAVE CURRENTLY TURNED OFF SAME DAY RUSH
Although RUSH is often an option, as of November 1, 2021 we have turned off this feature to continue to maintain our day to day commitments for those who ordered in advance. We hope to have this feature available again in January 2022. Any orders placed after 4pm for next business day delivery or orders placed before 12pm for same day delivery will have an additional $11 rush delivery fee applied in the checkout. If the gift is going to a residential address, we must contact the recipient before delivering to ensure the address is correct, and confirm a time frame that our ambassador can deliver.
During our busy season, November & December, rush delivery may not be available depending on the volume of orders.
NOTE: Any gifts containing fresh fruit or personalized items are unable to be purchased for rush delivery. If there are any issues with your order, we will reach out to you.
Order Processing Time
We can typically offer next day local delivery on orders received BEFORE 4pm.
Some exceptions may apply.
NOTE: We CANNOT guarantee that your gift will be delivered on your selected date, because we do not deliver to residential addresses without making arrangements with the recipient first. Please see information below for more details.
NOTE RE FRUIT ORDERS: To ensure the freshest fruit we only purchase the fruit needed after the gift has been confirmed with the recipient. See note below on why we call ahead.
Recipient Delivery Arrangements
- COVID – 19 RESPONSE Click to read our safety measures.
- If you requested for the your gift to be delivered to a residential address, please be advised that we DO NOT ship without contacting the Recipient first. There is a charge for every attempted delivery; therefore to save you money and our courier’s time, we only ship once contact has been made with your Recipient. This means there may be a delay in the delivery of your gift if we are waiting to make arrangements with the Recipient.
- We will ONLY leave a gift basket on the front step or with a neighbour when the Recipient has given permission to do so. On some occasions the Recipient may request that the delivery go to an alternate address such as their place of work.
- Why do we need to call ahead? It might feel like calling the recipient ahead of time eliminates the surprise, however, our goal is to ensure that your gift arrives in perfect form! Not only does it reduce delivery fees for multiple attempts, but it allows us to ensure we have the correct residential address. We also need to make arrangements for delivery for alcohol (someone 18 years of age needs to be there to sign for it) and temperature fragile items such as chocolate, fruit or cheese so it doesn’t sit on the front step unattended.
- Important! When we call your Recipient to make arrangements we don’t tell them who the gift is from (unless they are super nervous … there are scams out there) which means we won’t ruin your surprise. Instead, your Recipients now have something to look forward to!
There is an $8 fee for each redirect delivery attempt. If a recipient provides us with the wrong address or is not home during the confirmed time frame, we will re-deliver and charge for each additional delivery attempt.
Box & Shipping
Although we can ship across Canada, our primary focus is within the Calgary City Limits and the Surrounding areas: Okotoks, Langdon, Chestermere, Balzac, Airdrie, Springbank, Bearspaw and Cochrane. For other locations anywhere in Canada, a custom box & ship quote must be determined. Please review our selection of gifts available for box & ship HERE, or fill out of box & ship order form HERE
We work hard to ensure your gift arrives in perfect form. If you have ordered a fruit basket, fresh deli cheese or other products whereby temperature needs to be monitored (incl. chocolate, specialty drinks, etc) your gift will only be delivered when we know the temperature is stable to accommodate your gift being delivered in perfect form. We consider the warm temperatures of summer and the extreme temperatures of our cold winter months. There may be months that we recommend you do not ship something specific. If you ask us to ship anyway, the delivery happens at your own risk.