The use of the Visitor’s Personal Information is limited to these purposes. Unless permitted by law, no Information about a Visitor/Consumer is collected, without first obtaining the consent of the individual to the collection, use and dissemination of that information. When you provide Personal Information to The Gift Designers it means that you agree that The Gift Designers may collect and use your Personal Information accordance with this Policy.
If you do not want to receive periodic emails from us (updates/newsletters or product/service information), please let us know by email or phone, (Click here to email), or call 403-201-5021 ), that you do not wish to receive information by email from our Company. Be sure to provide your full name, address and phone number.
NOTE: There are circumstances where the use or disclosure of Personal Information may be justified or permitted or where The Gift Designers is obliged to disclose Personal Information without consent. Such circumstances may include:
- Where The Gift Designers believes in good faith that the law requires it;
- Where The Gift Designers believes, upon reasonable grounds, that it is necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of an identifiable person or group;
- Under limited circumstances specifically described to you when we collect the Personal Information, such as in terms of service or use agreement, including The Gift Designers Acceptable Use Policy; or
- Where it is necessary to protect the rights or property of The Gift Designers and collect any money owing; or
- Where Personal Information is public.
Personal Information may also be subject to transfer to another company in the event of a change of ownership of all or part of The Gift Designers. This will occur only if the parties have entered into an agreement under which the collection, use and disclosure of such Personal Information is restricted to those purposes that relate to the business transaction, including a determination whether or not to proceed with the business transaction, and is to be used by the parties to carry out and complete the business transaction.
Where obliged or permitted to disclose Personal Information without consent, The Gift Designers will not disclose more Personal Information that is required.
This Terms and Conditions Policy is in effect as of January 1, 2004. The Gift Designers will make revisions to this policy from time to time. In the event of a revision, a notice will be posted on this website. Policy changes will apply to the Personal Information collected from the date of posting of the revisions, as well as to existing Personal Information held by The Gift Designers.
If you have any questions about the privacy practices or terms and conditions of The Gift Designers, or you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact:
The Gift Designers Inc. Mailing Address: 4385 104 Ave SE, Unit 1060
Calgary, AB, T2C 5C6 Phone: 403 201-5021 Click here to email
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies, we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- Information is not sold or shared with any person or company outside of The Gift Designers.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, which allows us to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||It allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||It indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|